A. Customs Services
(1) Family owned and operated since 1917
(2) ACE Certified
(3) ABI Certified with a long zero error record
(4) Flexible EDI Solutions – with single source control
• BPI provides its clients electronic conveyance of commercial documents (commercial invoices, packing lists,
certificates of origin inward manifests, consumption entries and other documents) eliminating the transfer of paper
• BPI encourages its clients to enter into EDI agreements whereby:
• Invoicing and other documents may be transferred electronically
• Entry data may be transferred directly from client’s shippingpoint into the BPI system
• Document imaging
• FDA- Real time notification of release
(5) Remote Filing
(6) ACH Certified
(7) Customs Consulting
• Reconciliation filing
• ISF Pre-certification. Our firm is selected by CBP Headquarters to
pre-certify importers for this program
• Application to obtain Certification
• Validation assistance
• Ongoing maintenance – facilities audit for compliance, updating security profile as necessary, checking to insure that procedural activities are congruent with written procedures and are updated as necessary, assist with threat awareness training
• CBP compliance program development
• Valuation determinations
• Classification determinations
(8) Mexican Customs and Forwarding Services
• Import/Export/informal Importations (pequeñas importaciones)
• Cambio de Regimen
• Company Transfers in Mexico (virtuales)
• Support and Consulting: Classification, Tariff Issues, Special Regime Programs, Maquiladora Requirements, setup and maintenance
• In-house Service US and Mexico
• Mexican Governmental Program Support: SICEX, PROSEC, SECON, SEMARNAT SAGARPA, SCT, SE and others.
• Forwarding declarations into the interior of Mexico
B. C-TPAT Consultation
(1) Application to Certification
Upon request BPI will perform plant/facility assessments for importers, x-border carriers and/or foreign manufacturers in
order to obtain information sufficient to develop a customized supply chain security profile in accordance with Customs
Agency criteria. This work will include providing clients with the necessary written procedures and related data collection
tools necessary to establish and maintain C-TPAT compliance.
(2) Validation Assistance
BPI will assist C-TPAT Certified enterprises to achieve a successful conclusion to an on-site visit by a Customs Agency
Supply Chain Specialist Team. These services include designing and performing comprehensive internal audit and risk
analysis assessment tools in order to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities as well as to corroborate compliance with
the security profile and to generally prepare team members for a Validation visit.
(3) Ongoing Maintenance:
Compliance with C-TPAT criteria is an on-going process. BPI is available to provide assistance in this area and services
here include auditing facilities for compliance, updating the security profile as necessary, checking to insure that procedural
activities are congruent with written procedures as declared in the security profile and to assist with Threat Awareness and
Security Training for employees, drivers and guards.
C. Consulting/Compliance Reviews/Compliance Assessments
From time to time the Customs Agency may contact the importer to arrange an on-site visit during which sampling units from prescribed fiscal periods will need to be drawn from the importer’s files for scrutiny as to compliance with Customs Regulations. BPI can:
• Provide assistance to importers in preparing for these regulatory assessments.
• Provide documented procedural recommendations
• Perform periodic compliance monitoring
D. Warehousing and Freight Management
(1) HAZ-MAT Certified
(2) Class 3 and Class 8 US Customs Bonded Warehouse
(3) Domestic and worldwide distribution
(4) Container Loading and Unloading
(5) Plant facility
• 25’000 Sq Ft
• Dock Height
• 12 doors
• Closed Circuit Camera System – monitored 24/7
• Infrared motion sensors/perimeter intrusion detection
• Sprinkler system connected to Fire Department
(6) Freight Management
• Goods imported or to export staging for pickup by your carriers or your customer’s carriers
• Goods can be received, held, dispatched FIFO or LIFO by lot number or shipped per your designated instructions
• Vendor managed inventories
• Terminal installations DHL, FED-X, and UPS
• Comprehensive reporting and analysis available
• In-house ability to provide full ‘REVISION’ for Mexican Customs Invoice preparation
• Document imaging for PODs, BOLs, P/LISTs and warehouse receipts
• Automatic electronic notification upon arrival with copies of shipping documents
E. Foreign Freight Forwarding Export Services
(1) Fully AES Automated – for Nationwide Filing
(2) US Department of Commerce [BIS] and State Department Export Licensing Expertise
(3) X-Dock and Consolidation Services
(4) HAZ-MAT Certified
F. Logistics Services
(1) We can arrange for the total movement of your freight from its origin to its destination – or any of the interim services.
We are also experienced in working with your existing providers and can combine services with them into your overall
logistics as needed.
(2) Cross Border Drayage – Truckload
BPI owns Mexican Trucking Company Golden West Transport SA de CV (MX-441487), a C-TPAT Certified and Validated
x-border drayage company licensed and permitted on both sides of the border, consisting of 36 company owned tractors
and drivers on our payroll. In this way we can guarantee expedited movement of your goods.
GWT specializes in draying trailers belonging to major US Carriers back and forth across the border at Calexico,
CA / Mexicali, Mexico.
(3) Cross Border Drayage - Less Than Truckload
BPI owns Mexican Trucking Company Servicios y Transportes ATLAS (MX-380836), a C-TPAT Certified and Validated
x-border cartage company licensed and permitted on both sides of the border, consisting of 13 company owned vans
and bob-tail trucks and drivers on our payroll. In this way we can guarantee expedited movement of your goods.
ATLAS specializes in moving LTL shipments back and forth across the border at Calexico, CA/Mexicali, Mexico for
Fortune 500 companies with off shore facilities in Mexicali, Mexico.
(4) Direct Deliveries – Mexicali area into Southwestern USA
BPI owns a US Trucking Company Bill Polkinhorn, Inc.( MC-258822) a C-TPAT Certified and Validated trucking company
licensed and permitted on both sides of the border, consisting of 18 company trucks and 16 53’ foot trailers with drivers on
our payroll. In this way we can guarantee expedited movement of your goods.
BPI Trucking specializes in making expedited delivery of goods directly between Mexicali and various points in the
S/Western USA for a variety of Fortune 500 companies with off shore facilities in Mexicali, Mexico.
(5) Mexican Brokerage/Forwarding - BPI can assist exporters to Mexico or Importers into the USA to arrange Mexican Customs
clearance either into or out of Mexico.
BPI has long established relationships (some extending back 3 generations) with various Mexican Customhouse Brokers
at the Port of Mexicali, Mexico.